One of my favorite flavour combinations is peanut butter and banana. I love the flavour of peanut butter and banana in these amazing Gluten Free Peanut Butter Banana Muffins.
These soft, homemade peanut butter banana muffins are loaded with all the flavours of a delicious banana bread with a hint of peanut butter. Now for these muffins you want those bananas covered in brown speckles. The ones pictured are merely for decor and are not banana muffin ready. The brown spots make them sweeter meaning you don’t need as much added sugar. Its a sneaky trick that I use time and time again.
The muffins in these pictures don’t have chocolate chips in them, but if you have some on hand, toss ’em in. You’ll love it.
- 2 ½ cups Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 350*F/180*C/Gas 4.
- Whisk together your flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl and set it aside.
- In another medium sized bowl, beat your bananas, then add in your sugars and egg.
- Mix in your milk, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, then your peanut butter, then your oil, then your vanilla, scraping down the bowl after each is incorporated.
- Grease and/or line 20 muffin cups and scoop batter into each one, filling just below the top of each muffin cup.
- Sprinkle with a generous amount of sugar, then bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 10 minutes or so before removing from the tins.