This recipe for Gluten Free Cornflake Chicken Tenders is strips of chicken dipped in a mustard egg mixture then rolled in a seasoned cornflake crumb mixture and baked to a crispy perfection.
Gluten Free Cornflake Chicken Tenders are a quick, healthy and nutritious meal prepared in less than 30 minutes with just a few ingredients. Your family, and especially your kids, will Love these chicken tenders because they are crispy on the outside yet tender and juicy on the inside and just tasting delicious.
Depending on what you feel like you can either bake or fry the chicken. Baking is probably healthier and will make less mess but takes a bit longer than frying.
Like you can see above, we dipped ours in ketchup, they were devoured in no time! I will definitely be making these again, possibly into little nuggets, because who can resist bite sized finger food?!
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 cups gluten free cornflakes, finely crushed
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Dash of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400*F/180*C/Gas 6.
- Cut chicken into 3-by-3/4-inch strips.
- In a shallow dish, combine egg, honey, and mustard.
- In another dish, stir together cornflake crumbs seasonings.
- Dip chicken strips into the egg mixture and roll them in the crumb mixture to coat.
- Arrange chicken strips on an a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake about 12 - 15 minutes, or until outsides are golden and chicken is no longer pink inside.