These Gluten free classic stuffed peppers is going to be one of our FAVORITE meals!! It is so easy to make and tastes absolutely scrumptious! I love that it is made with ingredients that I usually have on hand!
You can easily make this a healthy version by using ground turkey rather than ground beef.
Classic Stuffed Peppers are one of those easy, feel good, dinners. They have everything you would want in a meal, meat, a starch, veggies, and cheese! I can’t believe I’ve had my blog for years now and I’ve never made stuffed peppers!
Since the filling is often already cooked when you stuff them into the pepper cavity, it is important to boil the peppers so that they are evenly cooked with their stuffed ingredients.
If making stuffed peppers with beef mince, or any other kind of meat, ensure the meat is fully cooked before adding to the pepper. This ensures that you will only need to warm them up prior to eating.
- 2-3 bell peppers, I used 1 red and 1 yellow
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1lb beef mince
- ¾ cup rice
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- Cut peppers in half, removing the membrane and seeds.
- Boil the peppers for 3-5 minutes until they are flexible.
- Drain in a colander and set aside.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high.
- Add onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Add beef mince and cook until nicely browned
- Add cooked rice, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Stuff peppers and place in a well-greased baking dish.
- Top each pepper with shredded mozzarella.
- Roast at 350°F/180°C/Gas 4 for 15-20 minutes.