This Gluten Free BLT Grilled Cheese Sandwich is everything a BLT sandwich can and should and must be. It has all of the best parts of a BLT, the thick cut bacon, the juicy tomato and the crunchy green lettuce.
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are one of those very versatile sandwiches, pair it with a bowl of soup for a hearty lunch or add a salad for a great dinner. Why not pair it with my Easy Tomato Soup.
I feel funny giving you a recipe for how to make a sandwich because I’m pretty sure you know how to do that. However, a BLT is serious business.
- 2 slices Gluten Free white bread
- 2 - 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Grated Cheese of your choice. I used a combo of cheddar and mozzarella
- 2 slices bacon, cooked
- 2 pieces of lettuce
- 4 thinly sliced pieces of tomato
- Cook your bacon.
- Soften butter in microwave about 10 seconds
- Brush butter on 2 sides of bread
- Add cheese
- Add bacon, lettuce and tomato
- Top with more cheese
- Top with bread, buttered side up
- Heat skillet or griddle, place sandwich buttered side down
- Butter top piece of bread
- Flip and cook until brown on both sides
- Serve immediately