Super soft Gluten Free Double Chocolate Banana Bread. So moist, full of banana flavour and loaded with chocolate. You’ll love this chocolate chip banana bread with an extra dose of chocolate!
This super moist banana bread is filled with a completely delectable chocolate flavour. The sweet, mellow banana flavour and rich cocoa are a match made in heaven. And with a large cup of tea or coffee? We’re talking perfection.
This Gluten Free Double Chocolate Banana Bread is the ultimate banana bread. It is SO rich and divine. And it is bread so it is totally acceptable to eat a slice for breakfast. Or you can eat a slice as a 3 p.m. for a chocolate pick me up. Or you can eat a slice after dinner for dessert. Or you can eat a slice topped with ice cream at midnight. It is the BEST banana bread and I think you should make a loaf TODAY. I hope you have brown bananas handy. Overripe bananas are the key. If you have to hide bananas to get them to turn brown, do it.
This double chocolate banana bread also freezes really well, making a perfect make-ahead breakfast. You can slice it then put each slice into individual ziploc bag and freeze. To defrost, leave the ziploc bag on the counter overnight, and in the morning you will have a delicious slice of chocolate banana bread waiting for you for breakfast!
- 1½ cup gluten free self raising flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 overripe bananas
- ½ cup oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup chocolate chunkss, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C/Gas 4.
- Spray a 9x5 inch non-stick loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Add the oil, sugar, egg and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add 1 cup of chocolate chunks to the mixture and stir until evenly distributed.
- Transfer the batter into a loaf pan. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips on top.
- Put the chocolate banana bread loaf pan in the oven and bake for 50 minutes.
- Cool completely before removing from the pan.