Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies, these cookies are soft and chewy with just the right amount of banana flavour.
All you need is two ripe bananas and some pantry staples and soon you and and your family will be enjoying a whole new take on cookies. These cookies are so soft and delicious, and somehow, they disappear all too quickly.
Most banana cookies that I’ve tried are soft, fluffy, and cakey. These cookies are more on the chewy side like traditional chocolate chip cookies, which I happen to prefer. They are so simple to make. Just scoop the dough onto cookie sheets and bake. No chilling, or rolling.
Another bonus to these cookies is that they don’t have any eggs, so if you have an egg allergy or just happen to be out of eggs, they are the perfect cookie recipe!
So next time you’re tempted to throw out those ripe bananas, please resist! Make cookies instead!
- ½ cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 2 over-ripe Bananas, mashed
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups Gluten free flour
- 1 Tbsp Xanthan Gum
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 cups Milk chocolate chips
- Beat butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl till creamy.
- Beat in mashed bananas and vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- Add to wet ingredients and stir till just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a lined or lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375°F/180°C/Gas 5 for 9-10 minutes or till lightly golden brown around the edges.