Rich, smooth, creamy and fruity, these Gluten Free Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats taste just as good as the real deal, but without all the fat and sugar you usually get in a slice of cheesecake. Not only that, but these healthy overnight oats are loaded with goodness and nutrition so you can feel like you’re totally indulging whilst actually taking care of your body!
If you’ve never heard of overnight oats before, let me give you a quick little primer. Overnight oats are a no-cook method of making porridge/oatmeal. Instead of cooking your oats with liquid on the stove or in the microwave, you mix rolled/old-fashioned oats with the liquid and other mix-ins, and let it rest in the fridge overnight.
In the morning, you have a pudding-like porridge that is perfect for easy grab-and-go breakfasts. It doesn’t have the same texture as hot/stove-top oats. It’s creamier, denser, and in my opinion, so much tastier. This recipe is like having a desert for breakfast with all good ingredients.
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup Gluten Free Rolled or Quick Oats
- ⅔ cup unsweetened Milk of choice, I used Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 0-2 tbsp honey to taste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 3 tbsp softened cream cheese
- Add all ingredients into a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake vigorously.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight before eating.
- Enjoy cold or heat in the microwave for 1-2 Minutes.