These Gluten Free Chocolate Chip No-Bake Granola Bars are unbelievably easy, I mean really, does it get much easier than making something in the microwave? No oven preheating or even turning on the stove top. I was seriously shocked at how well these turned out for 3 minutes of work. Yup really, just 3 minutes.
They make a delicious on the go breakfast or snack and can even satisfy that sweet chocolate craving. If you have kids make these, even if you don’t, make ’em anyways. They are great on the go snacks or fast breakfasts.
If you don’t want to add chocolate, add anything. There are so many variations – Cranberries, raisins, hazelnuts, cashews, peanuts, or even crushed pretzels, yup you heard right.
Without the chocolate added they are great for the kids lunch boxes.
- ¼ cup Unsalted Butter
- ⅓ cup Packed Light-Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Honey
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Gluten free Quick Oats (if using rolled oats, pulse in a blender a bit)
- 1¼ cups Gluten Free Puffed Rice Cereal
- 3 tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips
- Add unsalted butter, brown sugar and honey to a microwave safe bowl and heat mixture in microwave on HIGH power for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir (stir until butter is melted), then return to microwave and heat on HIGH power 1 minute longer
- Carefully remove from microwave and blend in vanilla, then add in quick oats and stir until evenly coated. Fold in puffed rice and toss well to evenly coat.
- Firmly press mixture into a well lined square pan with buttered hands then sprinkle top with chocolate chips.
- Transfer to freezer and chill 10 minutes or 30 in a refrigerator.
- Remove and cut into 9 bars.
- Store in an airtight container.