These Gluten Free Frozen Yogurt Bites are great to munch on straight out of the freezer as a healthy snack or dessert, or for a fresh idea for breakfast you could throw a few into a bowl of granola or cereal.
Best of all, they are crazy simple to make. And you all know I love things that are simple!
All that is needed to make these little bites are fruit of you choice and greek yogurt. It really doesn’t matter what brand of yogurt you use. I know some people are really picky about their greek yogurt, so go ahead and choose your favorite. Or if you don’t like greek yogurt, use regular yogurt. It won’t have the same protein punch, but it will still be super healthy.
Pop them in the freezer for 1 to 3 hours until the yogurt starts to solidify. They taste the best when they’re still slightly soft, but you can microwave them to defrost slightly if you need to. No problem either way.
These literally take 5 minutes to prepare (before freezing, of course). So easy!
- 200g Yogurt of your choice (i used greek yogurt)
- Red Currents and Black Currants
- Gather together your ingredients. Lay out approximately 12 cupcake cases or silicone muffin cups on a small baking sheet or tray.
- Using a spoon, dollop some yogurt into the bottom of each cake case until all the yogurt has gone.
- Pop a few pieces of fruit into each cup, pressing them down into the yogurt with the tip of your finger.
- Place the cups into the freezer and leave to freeze for a couple of hours until solid.
- Once frozen through, remove from the cases and serve.