Loaded with cranberries, desiccated coconut, and loaded with milk chocolate chips. These gluten free chocolate chunk cranberry granola bars are as easy as they are irresistible!
These granola bars are the perfect breakfast or afternoon snack and will keep you satisfied until your next meal. I mainly made them for my little mans lunch box, as its back to school in the morning after the Christmas holidays.
he only downside to these granola bars? They’re SO addicting! Crunchy, chewy, chocolatey, cranberry goodness in every bite. They are delicious and packed with good for you ingredients (Apart from the chocolate chips of course).
They are also gluten-free and refined sugar-free. The sweetness comes from natural sweeteners: Honey and Dates. These two ingredients also act as a glue that holds everything together.
I highly recommend toasting the oats. I know it’s an extra step, but the oats will taste so much better after toasting and only takes a few minutes. Also you will need to process the dates in a food processor until they form a dough. If you don’t have a food processor, chop them very finely with a knife.
It’s very important to press the mixture into the baking dish really well with a spoon, a spatula or with your hands. Just cover the top of the granola bars with parchment paper so it doesn’t stick to your hands.
My favorite thing about these granola bars is that you can get creative with flavors and ingredients. You don’t like cranberries? Use dried apricots or banana chips instead. Replace the Honey with agave nectar or maple syrup if your vegan. It’s entirely up to you, as long as you keep the proportions the same.
- 1½ cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Dates, pitted and pureed
- ¼ cup Honey
- ½ cup dried Cranberries
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup Desiccated Coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350*F/180*C fan
- Gently toast oats on a baking sheet until they become fragrant, Approx 8 mins.
- Line a 20x20 cm (8x8 inches) baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper, leaving the foil to extend up the sides. This will make it easier to remove the granola bars from the pan. Brush lightly with oil to prevent sticking.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl. This is easier using your hands.
- Press well into a parchment lined baking dish.
- Freeze for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut into bars.