Light and refreshing Gluten Free Caprese Pasta Salad made with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, pesto, olive oil and spices all tossed together with a delicious gluten free fusilli pasta.
The Caprese Salad was originated in Italy, meaning (Salad of Capri) it is a simple Italian salad, made of sliced fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and green basil, seasoned with salt and olive oil. It is made to resemble the colors of the Italian flag: red, white, and green. In Italy, it is usually served as a starter. While Caprese salad is traditionally seasoned with olive oil and basil, there are variations seasoned with pesto and other sauces, like Italian dressing.
This pasta salad is light and is always great to serve for any holiday or party. Both family and guests love this pasta salad. It’s easy to prepare and uses few ingredients. Serve as a side dish, appetizer or add some shredded chicken and enjoy as a main meal. Best of all, it will be on the table in less than 15 Minutes.
Caprese is the perfect combination of flavors in each bite. Ripe tomatoes, sweet basil and creamy mozzarella cheese comes together to create a flavorful pasta salad.
- ¾ pound Gluten Free Fusilli Pasta
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 8 ounces Small Mozzarella Balls
- 1 cup Fresh Basil
- ½ cup Fresh Parsley
- ⅓ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 Gloves Garlic
- 4-5 tbsp Olive Oil
- splash of lemon juice
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Fill large pot with water and 1 tablespoon olive oil then place on stove top over medium high heat. Cook pasta according to directions then rinse under cold water and allow water to drain.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine fresh basil leaves, fresh parsley, Parmesan cheese, Garlic, 4 tablespoons olive oil, splash of lemon juice and blend until coarsely chopped.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix pasta, mozzarella cheese balls, tomatoes and basil mixture together until combined well.
Store left overs in an airtight container in a refrigerator and use within 24 hours.