Christmas is just around the corner, so its the time of year to go mad for experimenting in the kitchen.
Today i just whipped up a chocolate recipe. This recipe is great to serve as a wee treat in the evening after dinner on Christmas day. The taste of Peppermint is a biggie at Christmas time but the taste of chocolate and peppermint. It cant be beaten.
These Peppermint Chocolates are so easy to customize. I used Red sprinkles in mine but take them to the next level by adding some Crushed Candy Canes. Add some Green or Red Food Coloring to the White Chocolate.
Use Dark Chocolate or Semi Sweet Chocolate. You could even make these Vegan by using a Chocolate suitable for Vegans. To keep it Gluten Free just be sure to use a Gluten Free Chocolate. There are lots of Plain Chocolate Bars out there that contain Wheat and Barley Malt so be sure to check the label.
- 100g White Chocolate Chips
- 100g Milk Chocolate Chips (Use Dark if you prefer)
- 2tsp Coconut Oil
- 6 Drops Peppermint extract
- Red Sprinkles or Crushed Candy Canes
- Firstly get your molds ready and lay them on a baking sheet for an even surface.
- Sprinkle Crushed Candy Canes or Red Sprinkles in each mold.
- (I started mine off with a white chocolate layer so melt the white chocolate first.)
- Place the white chocolate chips, 1tsp coconut oil and 3 drops of peppermint extract in a microwavable bowl. Melt on medium heat in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Using a spoon with a steady hand or a syringe put some chocolate into each mold. Only fill half way. Or fill them if you are using one chocolate layer. Do not forget to bang the tray on the counter to flatten the chocolate out or get any air to escape.
- Place tray in a refrigerator to set.
- Repeat process again with the second layer.
- Remove from Molds and enjoy.