These Gluten Free Peanut Butter Bars are no bake, no mess, no fuss. I had these cooling in the fridge less than 10 minutes after I started making them.
Are you a peanut butter lover like me? Well then these bars are for you! Creamy peanut butter filling layered with a chocolate peanut butter shell on top. It’s the perfect blend of peanut butter and chocolate and is ridiculously simple to make. With 5 ingredients and about 10 minutes prep time, you can be on your way to a batch of homemade “Almost Reese’s” Peanut Butter Bars.
By the way, these bars have to chill for at least a few hours, preferably overnight. Make your next party less stressful by preparing these the day before! Or, freeze them for up to 2 months in advance and thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
The hardest part of this recipe is waiting for it to set in the fridge.
- ½ cup Butter, melted
- 1 cup Crushed Gluten Free Digestive Biscuits
- 1 cup Confectioners (Icing) Sugar
- ¾ cup + 2 Tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- Line a 8x8 or 9x9 square baking pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the melted butter, biscuit crumbs, and powdered sugar together until combined.
- Stir in ¾ cup of peanut butter. Spread into prepared baking pan.
- In a small bowl, microwave 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter with the chocolate chips until melted. Stir until smooth. Spread this over the peanut butter layer.
- Chill until completely firm, at least 3 hours. Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Bars stay fresh for 5-7 days stored in the refrigerator. Serve chilled. (Setting them out for a few hours at room temperature for serving is OK.) Bars can be frozen up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.