Baking with kids is lots of fun, it may be totally messy, but it is very rewarding in the end. I love how excited my little man gets in the kitchen.
To get your Little One in the mix of things without feeling completely overwhelmed, why not try a simple recipe like this? I mean, it doesn’t get simpler than cornflakes, white chocolate, and dried cranberries.
As you melt and prepare the chocolate, the kids can measure out the cornflakes and pour them into the bowl with the cranberries, then just pour the melted chocolate over them as they stir. As the mixture cools, you can set up a two baking sheets with was paper. Set your Little One up with a tablespoon and allow them to scoop out the mixture and place it in clumps on the sheet. You can help smaller kids out, as it can be a bit messy. Don’t worry if they fall apart a bit, as long as the chocolate is touching, it will firm up and stick together.
- 100g White Chocolate Chips
- 100g Gluten Free Corn Flakes
- 60g Dried Cranberries
- Firstly prepare a baking tray lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Put the chocolate in a microwavable bowl. Microwave at medium–high power for 30–second periods, stirring in the intervals, until the chocolate is all melted.
- Have a larger bowl ready with the cranberries and cornflakes. Pour in the chocolate and stir until all the cornflakes and cranberries are all coated.
- Once all are coated drop dollops onto the tray. Have them what ever size you like but make sure to space them out evenly as they may stick together once the chocolate hardens.
- Once the chocolate has set, remove from tray and store in an airtight container for up to a week.