This soup is amazing and so full of flavor.
I make this Leak And Potato Soup a lot and when I do I freeze it into smaller portions for my son. He absolutely loves it with mashed potatoes.
It is so nice to have a bowl of this Leak and Potato Soup in the winter time. You could even serve it as a starter before your Christmas Meal. Of course I am going way ahead of myself here as we are still in July but what I mean is this soup is so hearty and delicious why not cook up some batches through out the year. The family will thank you for it.
- 3 Leaks, washed and chopped
- 1 Onion, diced
- 3 Potatos, peeled and chopped
- 100g Butter
- 100ml of Fresh Cream
- 1-2 Vegetable Stock Cubes, depending on your liking
- In a large saucepan melt your butter on a low heat.
- Turn the temperature to a medium heat and saute your chopped vegetables in the butter.
- Keep stirring making sure not to burn the vegetables.
- Once the vegetables have shrunk in size add the stock cube to a jug and dissolve this in boiling water.
- Add stock to the vegetables then add more water to just cover the vegetables, stir, and keep on a simmer for approx 40 minutes or until all the vegetables are soft.
- Once cooked, blend using a hand blender until all is pureed and combined. Add more water if you find it to think and stir.
- Add your 100ml of cream and stir.
- Serve Immediately, or leave to cool and pour into an airtight container to freeze or refrigerate.