I have to admit, i have tried so many different ways to make the chocolate chip cookie a gluten free chocolate chip cookie, and here is the winner. Here i share it with you all.
These cookies are super moist chewy on the outside and just damn yummy. This recipe will make a lot of cookies. I think i got about 30 but of course it was not easy to count as they were gone pretty fast.
”The chocolate chip cookie is a drop cookie that originated in the United States and features chocolate chips as its distinguishing ingredient.”
You can add anything you want to these cookies, try mixing it up by adding m&ms, butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips or even more chocolate chips. Or just add it all to one cookie.I hope you enjoy these cookies cause i sure do and don’t know anyone who said they don’t.
- 180g Margarine, melted and cooled
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2½ cups Gluten free self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cups Milk Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325*F/160*C fan/Gas mark 3.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine margarine and sugars and mix until combined.
- Add the egg and the egg yolk and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt, and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold chocolate chips into the dough.
- Spoon dollops of the mixture on to a lined cookie tray. About 1 tablespoon. No need to flatten them as they will spread in the oven.
- Bake for approx 12-15 minutes, or until very lightly browned around the edges. The middles of the cookies should still be soft.
- Let them cool on the baking tray for 5-10 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack.