These cookies are super moist, soft tender and crisp on the edges.These are great and of course i had to go over the top with my M&M’s and chocolate chips as usual but to me enough is never enough.
The secret ingredient in these are of course the oats. The more fine and ground up they are the better. Just give the oats a blitz in the food processor and that will do.
Another special ingredient is margarine, i find using melted margarine in gluten free cookie/biscuit recipes better than using butter. From experience using butter in gluten free cookie/biscuit recipes the results turn out to be more cakey and very dry. using margarine you get the perfect shape, taste and texture like a real cookie/biscuit.
So that’s a tip for you all use margarine when it comes to cookie and biscuit recipes.
- ½ cup Melted Margarine
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 and ¼ cups Gluten Free Self-Raising Flour
- ½ cup Gluten Free Oats (ground them using a blender)
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180*C/350*F Gas 4.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted margarine and sugars together until the sugars have dissolved.
- Mix in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla.
- Slowly mix in the baking soda and flour.
- Fold in the grounded up oats, M&Ms, and chocolate chips.
- Roll out balls of dough and place them onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. The cookies will appear undone but remember cookies finish cooking while they cool.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Cookies will firm up as they cool.
- Store cookies in an Airtight Container at room temperature for up to 1 week. These cookies also freeze well.