This dish is a really tasty treat.
It makes a great desert. Its so chocolaty, so high in flavor and its so light on the stomach as its made with ground almonds.
While eating this you get that rich chocolaty taste then that sourery sweetness from the raspberries.
This goes great with custard, ice cream, cream, Creme fraiche or even just on its own.
- 200g/8oz Unsalted Butter
- 100g/4oz Dark Chocolate chips
- 200g/8oz Plain Chocolate chips
- 5 Eggs separeted
- 2tbsp Soft Dark Brown Sugar
- 100g/4oz Ground Almonds
- 200g/8oz Raspberries, plus extra to garnish
- Cocoa powder for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180*C/350*F/Gas mark 4.
- Grease a 8in cake tin and line it with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave until smooth and glossy. Cool slightly.
- Beat in the egg yolks and sugar until smooth.
- Add the ground almonds and stir gently to combine.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold into the chocolate mixture with the raspberries.
- Pour into the tin and bake for 30-40 minutes until a skewer comes out clean with a few moist crumbs.
- Leave to cool in the tin.
- Garnish with more raspberries and a sprinkle of cocoa powder and serve with Custard, ice cream, or just cream.