This gluten free cheese and egg toast is a great and easy treat at breakfast time. You could even have it for lunch or dinner. As you will see i had mine as a wee side with my dinner, i served it with skinny fries and gluten free sausages, not so healthy i no but it was yummy.
Who doesn’t love a good egg with toast to soak up all that yolk, well this is a whole new take on eggs with toast as the egg is stuck on top of the bread and covered in cheese.
This can be made with ordinary bread but for us Celiacs that wouldn’t be a good idea right? What i mean is you can treat another member of your family to this cheese and egg toast using ordinary bread.
I Know its hard to find a good gluten free bread. I mean i have tried a lot and some have tasted like tiny rock hard dog biscuits. Not like i have ever tasted a dog biscuit but am guessing it was close enough or maybe the dog biscuit would have tasted better. Also i hate when you have to toast the bread or refreshing it in a microwave before eating it. It just ends up warm and chewy putting it in the microwave. I prefer to be able to just take it out of the packaging and that is it.
Gluten free breads i would suggest would be Genius, Purebred, and Kelkins Sourdough Bread. My favorite store bought bread would most definitely be from Aldi. They have a wide range of gluten free products that are only growing as they are always adding more gluten free foods.
- 1 slice of Gluten free Bread
- 1 Egg
- Butter for spreading
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Salt And Pepper
- Take your slice of bread and flatten down the center of the bread avoiding the crusts and making sure not to tear the bread.
- Crack your egg into that flattened bit. Don’t worry it looks like its not going to fit but it will.
- Season your egg with salt and pepper.
- Butter the edges and top with grated cheese. Don’t put butter or cheese on the egg just around the edges.
- Place on a baking tray and bake at 200*C for about 10 minutes depending on how you like your eggs.