This Blueberry and Orange Madeira Cake is AMAZING! It melts in your mouth as it is so moist and is full of refreshing Orange flavor.
My son could not get enough of this cake. He hates blueberries but loved them in this cake.
Hes a bit like myself, am not very fond of blueberries but in a dessert or a cake they are great and so dangerously yummy.
I made mine in a square pan and sliced it into squares. You can make it in a round cake tin.This cake is great just the way it is but i have sprinkled mine with icing sugar but it is also amazing with a glace icing drizzled over it.
- 250g Butter
- 150g Caster Sugar
- Zest and Juice of 1 Orange
- 2 Eggs
- 250g Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
- 125g of Blueberries
- Icing Sugar for Dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180*C/160*C Fan/Gas 4.
- Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the orange juice and zest.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add a little of the flour if the mixture starts to curdle.
- Lightly fold in the flour along with the blueberries.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar and store in an airtight container.