Its a gluten free short crust.
You will need:
- 250g Gluten free plain flour (Make Your Own)
- Pinch of salt
- 60g butter
- 60g lard
- Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Cut the butter and lard into cubes and add to the flour. Use a knife to start cutting the fats into the flour
- Rub the fats into the flour, rubbing the mixture through your fingertips, until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add 2 tablespoons of very cold water and start mixing it into the mixture with a round-bladed knife. Gradually add enough water until the mixture binds together, using only the minimum amount of water, as too much will result in a tough pastry.
- When the mixture starts to form the dough, roll it into a ball, handling as little as possible.
- Wrap the pastry in a freezer bag, or cling film, and let it rest in the fridge for at least half an hour before rolling out.