A thick homemade pizza sauce bursting with flavor! This pizza sauce uses ingredients from the pantry and is perfectly delicious!
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped onion (or 1 tablespoon dried onion)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 rosemary leaves, crushed (or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- 12 fennel seeds, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a heavy 2-quart saucepan, combine all ingredients. Heat over medium-low heat, covered, until boiling.
- Simmer covered, but with lid vented, stirring occasionally for about 45 minutes, until sauce is thickened.
- Use on homemade pizza or in any recipe calling for pizza sauce! Freeze leftover sauce, or keep in the fridge for several days.